Tuesday 14 April 2009

Easter

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. It was great to have a few days off and for it to also be sunny! It's been a long time since that's happened in this country!

On Saturday Chris and I went to visit fellow artists Melanie Phillips and Nick Beall in Wales, who also happened to have another portrait artist, Sarah Theophilus visiting so there was lots of art talk going on which was great, it's always excellent getting to exchange ideas with other artists and discuss the business side, how tricky it can be to make a living out of it etc. They've all been artists for far longer than me and have very established careers so it's great inspiration for me. Mel and Nick also have a beautiful cottage so it's given Chris and I motivation to get our cottage in better shape!

Monday we spent sorting out the top part of our garden. We've a big garden which goes down in several steps as it's quite steep but it's also in desperate need of some attention so we're starting on the top part and working our way down. Most of it needs taking out and starting again so let's hope for a continuing sunny summer to help get us out in to the garden.

Today I've a commission to finish and then I need to put some hard work in to marketing, which can get missed out when working on paintings. I also need to start thinking about doing some original paintings, especially as I want to increase the number and variety of prints I have for sale. I'm not doing the big tradestands this year, which is where most prints tend to sell, but I am holding an Open Studio at my house over 3 weekends in the summer plus hopefully attending a couple of one day Country Fairs. I will be posting details of these on my website nearer the dates so if you're able to come and visit, it would be fantastic to see you.

No comments: