Friday 22 May 2009

Racing Painting Finished and Next One Started!

I've finally finished! I'm pretty happy with the painting but it's so different for me compared to the type of paintings I normally produce that it's taking me a while to get completely used to it. I can't wait to get it framed though because that's when paintings look like proper paintings to me.

I've also made a start on my next painting for the exhibition. It was taken at Badminton this year and is of the winner Oliver Townend on Flint Curtis. The photo was sadly not taken by me, with my photos turning out to be unusable, but instead taken by Richard Yarnell who is the boyfriend of a friend and happens to take fantastic photos and has kindly given me this image to use. The detail in the photo is incredible and as you might have gathered, I love detail but let's hope I don't get too bogged down in it and let this painting take me ages to do! I also normally prefer not to do backgrounds as I find them really tricky to do but I don't think this painting would work without the background to give it grounding. Although I'm not sure if my background has turned out that well so I might change my mind and paint it out!!

No comments: