Saturday 2 February 2008

At last...

As you'll have noticed my shop if finally up and running on my website. I mean finally because it has taken months to get that far!! Part of the problem was finding the money to start investing in getting the prints and cards made but hopefully now I've started I'll have to continue so keep an eye for further choices in the future. The other "problem" is that my webmaster is also my husband so, believe it or not, I don't feel I can nag him to get the work done like I could someone I was paying. But hasn't he done a fine job?!

I've had a couple of weeks off from painting, one week away and this past week catching up on household jobs, giving the house a good clean, getting the website updated, visiting the exhibition at Iona House etc but it's also given me time to think of ideas for marketing, paintings etc. I'm desperately thinking of ways to market myself and my work with the least outgoings possible so I'm going to approach as many local magazines and papers as possible to see if anyone will do an article on either me or my portraits so keep your fingers crossed.

I'm also searching for inspirational photographs to use for paintings for exhibitions and to sell. The weather here is still too bad to go out with my camera and the horses too woolly so it's tricky finding good photos. Also, being quite new to this area I'm unsure as to where all the horses are hiding so I need to ask around and find out if anyone minds me "borrowing" their horse for a photo session. You never realised there was so much involved in being an artist did you?! Honest, it's a hard life. Who am I trying to kid???

No comments: