Thursday 21 February 2008

Slowly getting there...

Here is no 4, currently unimaginatively titled "Chestnut" because I really am rubbish at titles! It was a bit tricky to get a photo of as I normally get help from my hubby, one of us holding the painting straight and the other sorting out the camera on the tripod but on my own, it's trickier mainly due to my lack of patience! The only space we have outside for setting up my easel and tripod is a very uneven concrete patch, the painting is fine to set up straight with the help of blue tac but the tripod is a different matter! But I think it came out okay, not too much light reflection. I can now get these 4 off to the framers as the other two canvases already have frames so that isn't a worry.

This painting only took me a day which I was very surprised about but I was helped by the fact that yesterday we had no electric all day long due to works going on in the village and it's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have the distractions of the computer and take a lunch break infront of the telly. Don't think I'll try it again though!

No comments: