Saturday 1 March 2008

Finished!


At last, I finished the final painting last night, just in time as I went to hang the paintings this morning! Sadly this was the best photo I managed to take but you get the gist! I really struggled with this painting but could not figure out why. I found getting the colour strong enough whilst adding highlights really tricky but at least I got there in the end! And now I can concentrate on the commissions I have lined up, a lot of which have birthday deadlines, 3 in April, so I won't be taking it leisurely with these either.
The press launch and opening day is Monday 3 March for this exhibition so I'll let you know how it goes. I've always been part of larger exhibitions with lots of other artists so it feels a bit strange seeing my name as one of the headline act! The other two artists involved are Elizabeth Armstrong and Alan Beers, two fantastic artists making me feel a little new to the game but I'm sure I'll settle in soon.

No comments: