Tuesday 30 September 2008

Catch up

I haven't blogged in a while which is terrible of me! I would love to say I've been busy swanning off to exotic hot countries but as is the norm, I've been sat infront of my easel wishing the cold and windy weather would ease up for a while. I don't know about others but with all the depressing news about the economy at the moment and the terrible weather, it's been playing havoc with my moods. Are you sure that we humans aren't allowed to hybernate through winter? It would certainly solve a lot as I sure feel like sleeping all the time!

It's the time of year when Christmas commission enquiries are coming in. It's strange thinking about Christmas in September but when you do this job, you are constantly thinking and planning at least 3 months ahead of yourself. It also means I rarely know what the date is! :-D We're also trying to figure out if we can take a week off in January as it's good to have at least a week away from the easel, refresh your eyes and mind, and come back with a new vigour having rested. Sorry, I'm daydreaming about foreign shores!!

We're also very close to buying our first house which is extremely exciting. It's amazing how patient you have to be, our mortgage company are being really slow, you'd have thought that they'd be desperate for the work right now! We were hoping to sign contracts this Friday but it's now been put off for another week. I'm silently stamping my feet in frustration but I know we'll get there. We'd better as I no longer have the room in our spare room/studio to swing a mouse let alone one of our cats!

Well, back I go to my latest commission. I will hopefully be able to post a couple of commissions on here once I've taken decent photos of them so keep an eye out for them.

No comments: