Friday 3 July 2009

I'm still here!

It's been a while since I posted on this blog so I thought I'd let you know I'm still here! I had a couple of weeks off and then worked on a large commission which I'm still waiting to hear from the client about but once that's sorted, I will post it on here.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of open studio weekends coming up on 11 & 12 July and 18 & 19 July which I have to get organised for. I've decided to do all the mounting of my prints myself this time to save money, but sadly it's a long and tricky job, plus I have a lot of printing of fliers, marketing material etc to get sorted. I have previously had a company to do the printing of my fliers but I currently can't afford to do so, so am desperately seeking decent paper to print them out on. If any artists out there have suggestions for paper or card for fliers, please let me know!

My open studio isn't actually going to take place in my studio however. I'm going to be putting up my tradestand tent outside the front of my house. This will make it more noticeable to passing traffic plus my 'studio' is infact our spare bedroom so we're not too keen on having strangers wandering through our house! I will be working on a painting during the weekend though, so you can still see me at work and feel free in asking any questions. Fingers crossed the weather stays dry, and if it's sunny I might forego painting for sitting outside the tent on my sun lounger!!

No comments: