Monday 20 July 2009

Open Studios

Well, I've just spent the last two weekends holding an Open Studio at my house, or should I say in my tradestand tent outside the front of my house. It was.... interesting and with mixed results. The first weekend had, sadly, a very poor turnout with only 3 visitors on the Saturday and 3 on the Sunday and these were all fellow artists so no sales or commissions. This weekend was a lot better with 10 visitors on the Saturday and 11 on the Sunday and in total, 3 prints sold. And this was even with the torrential rain we had on the Sunday! I would download a photo of my tradestand tent for you to take a look at but my girl cat, who was poorly this morning, has just fallen asleep on my feet and I haven't the heart to move her so I can go and get my camera! Yes, I know, I'm far too soft on my cats!

I have to admit that I don't think I will do an Open Studio again unless, perhaps, I ever get a proper studio. Sitting in my tent all weekend got very lonely at times, not to mention cold when the wind was blowing through! I just thank God that our wireless internet reached out there so I could spend most of my time on Facebook!! lol!

As promised too, here is the commission I finished recently of two beautiful Golden Retrievers, Barley and Meg. The painting has been sent to my customer and she's extremely happy with it and just waiting to give the painting to her husband for his birthday in August so I hope he's just as happy.

No comments: